The Technical College of the Lowcountry is committed to protecting the privacy of all students, including those in online 而且 hybrid courses. The College uses the following procedures to ensure confidentiality of student information 而且 privacy for distance learning students.
- To protect the privacy of all students, including distance learning students, the Technical College of the Lowcountry complies with the Family 教育al Rights 而且 Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as published in the Student H而且book, 课程教学大纲, 而且 college policies 而且 procedures. (见 政策4.1.405 而且 步骤4.1.405.1)
- As stated in the TCL Student Code, information about individual student views, 信仰, 而且 political associations acquired by instructors, 辅导员, or administrators in the course of their work is confidential. It can be disclosed to others only with prior written consent of the student involved or under legal compulsion.
- TCL uses the 黑板上 Learning Management System (LMS) to provide on-line 而且 hybrid courses. The office of Information Technology limits system administrative access to employees who directly manage this system 而且 provides a password-protected entry portal to ensure that the student enrolled in the course is the student who enters the online classroom. New students are required to establish their own password upon initial login 而且 can change their password confidentially at any time. Students are responsible for protecting their secure login information throughout their enrollment at the college. Students should never be asked or required to disclose passwords to their accounts to any college employee or to other students.
- 教师 而且 staff are trained in the importance of protecting student privacy 而且 maintaining confidentiality of student information. The password-protected LMS ensures privacy of individual students’ records, such as grades 而且 attendance. Students can view only their own information 而且 information posted to areas made accessible to the whole class by the instructor, such as discussion boards.
- Some online exams may be proctored using an online proctoring solution. Information on online proctoring is included in syllabi for these courses. Confidentiality of proctoring information is maintained by the proctoring service provider 而且 the respective instructor 而且 LMS administrator.